The Donegal Pen boys with Ramona from Dragon’s Den.Donegal Pens brothers Ronan and Conor Mc Garvey have broken into the French market with their handmade wooden pens.The Loughanure lads featured on French TV this week as part of a series on the ARTE network about Ireland.The series was recorded two years ago and featured in the past on German TV but was sold on by the makers to a French channel. Orders for the hand crafted pens have been flying in since the French screening earlier this week and the boys are “flat out” dealing with the orders.“We didn’t actually know it was going to be screened in France until the orders started coming in. One customer emailed to say he’d seem us on French TV. It’s been hectic all week but the timing is good as we are on holidays from school at the minute,” said Conor.They have also been contacted by a number of French retailers looking to stock their products. The boys already have three outlets in Germany and in excess of thirty shops in Ireland stocking their pens. C’EST BON! THE DONEGAL PEN BOYS WRITE A NEW CHAPTER IN FRANCE! was last modified: April 23rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL PENSfrance
John Swift’s early goal gave Brentford the lead at the break in Lee Carsley’s final match in charge.With new head coach Dean Smith watching from the stands, Chelsea loanee Swift was the first to impress with a curled shot from the edge of the box after being set up by Alan Judge.Bottom of the table Bolton, who revealed before kick-off their players had not been paid for November, almost hit back through Shola Ameobi, but Bees keeper David Button tipped his well-struck shot behind.In a busy opening 15 minutes, Alan McCormack forced Ben Amos into a save while at the other end, ex-Hayes winger Liam Feeney misjudged an attempted lob and Button gathered.Brentford had two big chances late in the half. Lasse Vibe wasted a one-on-one as Amos blocked with his legs while Swift fashioned a volley into the ground which the keeper tipped over.However, goalscorer Swift’s half ended with a yellow card for diving after a penalty claim.Carsley’s final team selection showed just one change from the team which beat Nottingham Forest nine days ago, with Jack O’Connell replacing the suspended Harlee Dean.Brentford: Button; Yennaris, Tarkowski, O’Connell, Bidwell; McCormack, Diagouraga; Woods, Judge, Swift; Vibe. Subs: Bonham, Barbet, Kerschbaumer, Gogia, Canos, Hofmann, Saunders.See also:Brentford confirm appointment of Walsall boss SmithFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
16 January 2012Thirty-six new schools will be opened in South Africa’s Gauteng province during this year’s first term, with 13 of these expected to be ready for occupation when inland province schools open on Wednesday.Briefing the media in Olievenhoutbosch, near Centurion, on the province’s readiness for the reopening of schools this week, Gauteng Education MEC Barbara Creecy said it was all systems go for the start of the new academic year.She said the new schools would not only help with the accommodation of new learners coming to the province, but that they would also ease the pressure in some of the overcrowded schools. Plans to beef up teaching staff are well underway.“In August last year, we distributed the vacancy list for teaching posts in our schools and all vacancies were filled. We have approved 500 additional posts for the new schools,” Creecy said.To ensure that learning and teaching start on the first day of school, Creecy said orders for Learner Teacher Support Material were placed by school principals and officials in May last year.“Admissions started on 1 August 2011 and this year, we anticipate 209 000 Grade 1 learners will begin their schooling career. We are also registering 110 000 learners in state supported Grade R facilities,” she said.Late applicationsParents who are still seeking space in schools have been advised to go to their nearest district offices where the department has set up operation centres. District officials will advise parents on the capacity of schools and help to place learners.Late applications will be handled at the special operation centres established at head office and district offices to allow principals to manage the curriculum in schools from the first day of schooling.The department also conducted an audit of furniture needs at all districts last year and a list of schools with shortages and damaged furniture was generated.“We’ve placed orders and deliveries are currently underway. We have also procured furniture for the new schools and started maintenance work at 69 schools in May 2011. Currently, work is in progress at 42 sites,” she said.Source: BuaNews
@TrevonGrimes7Trevon Grimes, one of the top wide receivers in the 2017 class, took to Twitter to ask fans where he should commit to. The 6-foot-3, 202-pound prospect out of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. is down to six schools – Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State – and plans on committing in August. Grimes, the No. 4 WR and No. 28 player in the class by 247Sports’ Composite Rankings, created Twitter polls asking his followers which of the six schools he should attend. Ohio State dominated the poll. @TrevonGrimes7 @TrevonGrimes7Ohio State is believed to be the favorite to land the St. Thomas Aquinas product. The Buckeyes’ 2017 class is the No. 1 class in the country. MORE FROM COLLEGE SPUN:The 10 Most Aggressive Fan Bases In CFBIn Photos: Golfer Paige SpiranacESPN Makes Decision On Dick Vitale
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in Deadpool 2. (Twentieth Century Fox) It caught the real Deadpool’s attention and Reynolds responded: “Um… @tylerperry, if you could film six more minutes of this, we’d have Deadpool 3. Or @nobodysfool part 2.”Thrilled to get feedback from the actor, Tyler returned to social media early on Thursday and wrote: “You have no idea what a huge Deadpool fan I am!! You’re amazing my friend. All the best to you and your family.”You have no idea what a huge Deadpool fan I am!! You’re amazing my friend. All the best to you and your family.— Tyler Perry (@tylerperry) November 1, 2018Tyler isn’t the only star who has heaped praise on Reynolds in recent weeks – the actor’s Life co-star Jake Gyllenhaal wrote a touching Variety essay in honour of the publication’s New Power of New York list last month.“What we all want for our friends in this business is for the world to see what we see, and as actors, that only happens in a perfect storm of timing and the full luck,” Jake wrote. “After years of waiting and struggling to fit his unfortunate, pear-shaped physique into the skinny jeans of a conventional romantic lead, Ryan made his own luck with Deadpool.”He added: “For all of the effortlessness that Ryan projects, the man works tirelessly. He writes all night so he can be present for his kids and wife all day… So often – too often – the wildly talented people of our world funnel the lion’s share of their energy into their work, but as good a writer and comedian as Ryan is, he is a better friend and father and husband. And that, for me, is the true mark of power.” Login/Register With: Advertisement Advertisement Facebook Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Ryan Reynolds enjoyed a Halloween hoot when Tyler Perry dressed up as his movie superhero Deadpool to promote his new movie Nobody’s Fool.The actor and director added his beloved cross-dressing character Madea’s grey wig and carried a handbag as he pretended he was the movie matriarch behind the Deadpool mask in the online video, trying to hide from Tyler Perry, who earlier this week revealed he was killing off the grandmother following one more film.“MA-DEA-D Pool!! Hiding from Tyler Perry. #NOBODYSFOOL EVERYWHERE THIS FRIDAY,” Tyler captioned the video he posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday.MA-DEA-D Pool!! Hiding from Tyler Perry. #NOBODYSFOOL EVERYWHERE THIS FRIDAY. @nobodysfool @TiffanyHaddish @VancityReynolds pic.twitter.com/U0YB66R9mn— Tyler Perry (@tylerperry) October 31, 2018
The Top 20 Global Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows Worldwide. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers. Week of November 14, 2018:TOP 20 GLOBAL CONCERT TOURS1. Taylor Swift; $9,756,530; $124.26.2. Jay-Z / Beyoncé; $6,612,663; $122.51.3. Ed Sheeran; $6,023,219; $91.89.4. U2; $4,676,648; $133.07.5. Celine Dion; $4,641,885; $235.77.6. Drake; $4,236,951; $116.29.7. Eagles ; $4,080,199; $148.92.8. Bruno Mars; $3,557,078; $146.44.9. Billy Joel; $3,542,531; $119.54.10. Helene Fischer; $3,435,219; $82.36.11. Kenny Chesney; $3,432,546; $92.84.12. Roger Waters; $2,557,778; $69.51.13. Justin Timberlake; $2,095,071; $108.69.14. Phil Collins; $2,092,876; $150.65.15. “Springsteen On Broadway”; $2,027,717; $509.37.16. Journey / Def Leppard; $1,810,296; $97.89.17. Iron Maiden; $1,616,893; $78.93.18. Britney Spears; $1,466,402; $139.41.19. Luke Bryan; $1,460,535; $71.03.20. Paul Simon; $1,432,930; $112.08.For free upcoming tour information, go to www.pollstar.com___The Associated Press
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. — The City of Fort St. John will be welcoming a group of women leaders from Peru and Columbia as part of an international study tour on gender equality and women’s empowerment this weekend. The delegation, which will be visiting the Energetic City from May 6th – 13th, will tour local resource facilities, educational institutions, and visit non-profit organizations. The women, who are sponsored through a program with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, will also meet with local First Nations, business and community leaders to discuss inclusivity and gender diversity. “We are delighted to welcome these women to the City of Fort St. John and share our community’s expertise,” said Mayor Lori Ackerman. “As a resource-based city, we have worked hard to create a sustainable and inclusive community through collaborative partnerships, and hope to share this knowledge with these remarkable community leaders who are making a difference in Peru and Columbia.” In 2017, City Council passed a resolution to sign an agreement with the mayors of Chumbivilcas province in the Cusco region of Peru to work on strengthening the planning of local economic development and the inclusion of women in municipal development. The program had a delegation including Mayor Ackerman visit the Cusco region last year to help local governments with sustainable economic development planning, government transparency and accountability in mining areas, and share best practices in effective local government operation. The goal of the program is to help build more sustainable and inclusive communities in resource-based regions of Columbia and Peru through learning opportunities from their Canadian counterparts. The Sustainable and Inclusive Communities in Latin America is a five-year program and funded through grants from Global Affairs Canada. A number of other municipalities from B.C. and across Canada that have successfully diversified their local communities from single-employer and/or resource-based economies have also participated in the program.
New Delhi: It was a new day, but the Delhi Capitals batsmen put up another disappointing show at the Feroz Shah Kotla here against Sunrisers Hyderabad in their Indian Premier League game on Thursday. Put in to bat, DC put on 129/8 in their 20 overs. Sunrisers skipper Bhuvneshwar Kumar won the toss and put DC in and the SRH bowlers started well, stifling the home team batsman on a wicket which wore a typical low and slow look. Mohammad Nabi (2/21) and Rashid Khan (1/18) made full use of the conditions as the DC batsmen failed to read the two Afghanistan spinners. Also Read – Puducherry on top after 8-wkt win over ChandigarhPrithvi Shaw looked to start aggressively as he hit Bhuvneshwar for a boundary off the first ball of the match. But the SRH skipper had the last laugh as he sent Shaw’s (11) stumps for a walk in the park in the third over of the DC innings. After that it was all about spinning a web over the DC batsmen as Nabi (opening the bowling with Bhuvneshwar) sent back Shikhar Dhawan (12). The struggle of the Delhi batsmen were to be seen on the scoreboard as they managed to score just 36 runs for the loss of two wickets in the powerplay. Also Read – Vijender’s next fight on Nov 22, opponent to be announced laterStar batsman Rishabh Pant (5) fell trying to up the ante as Deepak Hooda picked a smart catch at long-off off Nabi as the score read 52/3. Skipper Shreyas Iyer did try to wage a battle, but he didn’t find much support from the other end. Iyer (43 off 41 balls) was finally cleaned up by Rashid as the leg-spinner was finally rewarded with a wicket for his quality effort. All-rounder Chris Morries tried to wield the long handle, but could only manage 17 off 15 balls as DC picked 24 runs off the last two overs with Axar Patel finishing with a six off the last ball. Brief scores: Delhi Capitals: 129/8 in 20 overs (Shreyas Iyer 43, Axar Patel 23 not out; Mohammad Nabi 2/21, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 2/27) vs Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Kiev: President-elect Volodymyr Zelensky dismissed an offer by Vladimir Putin to provide passports to Ukrainians, and pledged instead to grant citizenship to Russians who “suffer” under the Kremlin’s rule. The Russian president on Saturday said Moscow was considering plans to make it easier for all Ukrainians to obtain Russian citizenship, after it earlier moved to grant passports in the country’s separatist east. Kiev has been fighting Moscow-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine since 2014 in a war that has killed 13,000. Zelensky, a comedian who won Ukraine’s presidential election last week, responded to Putin’s offer by releasing a statement on Facebook late on Saturday. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: Report”We know perfectly well what a Russian passport provides,” he said, listing “the right to be arrested for a peaceful protest” and “the right not to have free and competitive elections.” He pledged instead to “give citizenship to representatives of all nations that suffer from authoritarian and corrupt regimes. “But first and foremost to the Russian people who suffer most of all”. He said that one of the differences between Ukraine and Russia is that “we Ukrainians have freedom of speech, freedom of the media and the internet in our country.” Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsA political novice, Zelensky has pledged to “reboot” peace talks with the separatists that also involve Russia and the West. Putin has not congratulated Zelensky on his election, but said he is ready to talk with a new Ukrainian leadership and wants to “understand” the actor’s position on the conflict. In his Facebook post, Zelensky warned Russia not to talk with Ukraine “in the language of threats or military or economic pressure.” He previously called for more international sanctions against Moscow in response to Russia providing citizenship to residents of Ukraine’s separatist east. The EU also condemned Moscow’s passport scheme, calling it a fresh assault on Ukraine’s sovereignty and saying Russia sought to “destabilise” Ukraine after its presidential election. Putin’s decree last week allows people living in Ukraine’s unrecognised Donetsk and Lugansk breakaway republics to receive a Russian passport within three months of applying for one.