A NEW surgical centre and outpatient facility at Croom orthopaedic hospital along with an increase in the number of long-stay patient beds at St. Ita’s Hospital in Newcastlewest are among developments planned by the HSE in Limerick.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Confirmation that work is to proceed at both hospitals was welcomed this week by Limerick Fine Gael TD Patrick O’Donovan who said that this was as a result of discussions with the Department of Health and the HSE over many months.“Earlier this year, I organised a very productive meeting between Health Minister Leo Varadkar and representatives of the medical team in Croom. Before that, I facilitated a visit by the former Minister James Reilly to St. Ita’s where he met with the Hospital staff and representatives of the Friends of St. Ita’s.“Over the last number of months, I have met with the HSE in the Mid West on a number of occasions in relation to both hospitals to impress upon them the need for investment in the facilities and I am glad now to see that plans are being developed for both locations.”Deputy O’Donovan was told that the plans are at a very early stage “but I believe that the most important thing is that by working with the representatives and volunteers attached to both St. Ita’s and Croom, we have been able to get the HSE to see the value of prioritising the two hospitals for investment.“This initial phase of the process is probably the most important. Without a plan, money cannot be allocated from the HSE budget, so the fact that they have agreed to start this work and already have detailed proposals being put together is very positive.“The next steps will also be challenging where we have to fight for our share of the national HSE capital budget, but I am confident based on the commitment of the HSE locally that working together we can convince the HSE nationally to make these investments”, he added. Previous articleAmbulance crew shortages force stand-downsNext articleGardai arrest suspect in Newcastle West assault Bernie Englishhttp://www.limerickpost.ieBernie English has been working as a journalist in national and local media for more than thirty years. She worked as a staff journalist with the Irish Press and Evening Press before moving to Clare. She has worked as a freelance for all of the national newspaper titles and a staff journalist in Limerick, helping to launch the Limerick edition of The Evening Echo. Bernie was involved in the launch of The Clare People where she was responsible for business and industry news. WhatsApp Facebook Print Advertisement NewsCommunityDevelopments at Croom and St ItasBy Bernie English – August 25, 2015 1149 Linkedin Twitter Email
Miami Police Department(MIAMI) — A driver may have intentionally crashed a car into a Miami police substation Friday morning, authorities said.The driver, 36-year-old Giftson Cherenfant, is seen on surveillance video speeding and slamming into the substation’s back gate, Miami Chief Jorge Colina said.If the crash was accidental, Colina said, the car would have then stopped, but instead the car regained speed and crashed into the wall. Colina said a courageous officer used his vehicle to trap the driver’s car to keep the suspect from leaving or ramming the building again.The building was evacuated, Colina said.A rifle and safe were found in the suspect’s car, police said, adding that a motive is not clear.Charges have not been determined, police said.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Illustration purposes only (Image courtesy of Solar Gas Turbines)US engineering company Cosmodyne has been chosen for multiple liquefaction projects by an unnamed North American utility company.Cosmodyne said that it will contract directly with the utility company and collaborate with its EPC contractor for the project execution.The peak shaver, the company was contracted to provide will be fabricated in Cosmodyne’s Cryoquip facility in California. It utilizes Cosmodyne’s in-house developed turboexpander technology and proprietary ethane removal system which can handle a wide range of gas compositions.Commenting on the order, Cosmodyne general manager, George Pappagelis said, “traditionally, utilities prefer a turn-key approach to minimize risk, but lately we are seeing more interest in purchasing equipment directly.”For this contract, the client is cutting the cost while having a direct line-of-sight to decisions to decisions on the technology being provided.
Manchester United value Pogba at £150million so Madrid would have to put forward a big offer if they were to convince the Premier League club to sell.However, it is unlikely that United would believe that Bale and Rodriguez together would match that valuation if Madrid were to pursue a swap deal.Pogba is under contract at Old Trafford until June 2021, though previous reports have stated he would be willing to move away from the Premier League club to join Madrid.The 26-year-old has been out of action since September and is hoping to make a comeback before the New Year.Real Madrid were reportedly interested in signing Pogba due to the insistence of manager Zinedine Zidane back in the summer, but the Frenchman ended up staying put in England.This was largely down to the players Los Blancos had already signed during the transfer window.According to Marca, Madrid spent 350 million euros (£295m) on the likes of Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and Rodrygo.In return they only recouped just 150m (£126m) in player sales resulting in a 200m euros (£170m) deficit.With UEFA’s rulings stating that the maximum net spend one club can have is 100 million euros, the difference of 200 million euros is of huge concern to Madrid and the club could look to sell some players to avoid Financial Fair Play Sanctions.As a result, the futures of both Bale and Rodriguez are up in the air.Bale has had a tumultuous time at Real Madrid this season and was booed and jeered by is own fans last month after holding up a flag of ‘Wales. Golf. Madrid. In that order,’ after helping his country book their spot at next summer’s European Championship.Rodriguez, 28, meanwhile has clocked up just 422 minutes of action this season in nine outings and having entered his prime years, will likely seek a move away in any case.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram MADRID, SPAIN – NOVEMBER 04: Gareth Bale (L) of Real Madrid CF replaces team mate James Rodriguez (R) during the UEFA Champions League Group B match between Real Madrid CF and Liverpool FC at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on November 4, 2014 in Madrid, Spain. (Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images) Real Madrid will reportedly offer Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez to Manchester United in an attempt to prise away Paul Pogba.The La Liga giants have long been admirers of the French World Cup winning midfielder and tried to seal a deal for him in the summer.According to Spanish newspaper El Desmarque, the club are keen on bringing Pogba to Madrid next year and could offer both Bale and Rodriguez to sweeten the deal.