Pensioner charged over alleged child sexual assault

first_imgNewsBreaking newsPensioner charged over alleged child sexual assaultBy admin – January 15, 2014 664 Twitter WhatsApp Linkedin Advertisement Andrew CareyA LIMERICK pensioner has been charged with sexually assaulting a young boy between 2006 and 2007.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Michael O’Brien aged 73 and with an address at High Meadows, Gouldavoher, Dooradoyle is charged with sexually assaulting the boy between January 1, 2006 and March 31, 2007.It is alleged that he engaged in a sexual act on nine occasions with the child who is aged under 15.An application for Mr O’Brien’s name not be mentioned in media reports was refused by Judge O’Kelly who said that the alleged injured party was not a relative of the accused.He was released on his own bail to appear at Limerick District Court on March 28 and ordered not to have any contact with the alleged injured party.center_img Facebook Email Print Previous articleFundraising concert for the Roche familyNext articleDeenihan was aware of City of Culture problems adminlast_img read more

Probe pressed on ambush of jail officer

first_imgInvestigators are looking into thevictim’s possible link to illegal drugs and the possibility that he was killedbecause of his work with the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology. The city’s legislative body passed aresolution enjoining the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), National Bureau ofInvestigation and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group to conduct a“thorough investigation” and to prosecute those behind the killing. The councilor cited high-profilemurder case in the city that include the slaying of businessman Alex Yao,Barangay 16 captain Nelson Ligaya, Police Officer Oscar Exaltado, and LawyerRafael Atutubo and attempted murder of then Councilor Ricardo Tan. On Monday afternoon, the slainjailer’s mother, Yvonne, called for justice as she maintained that her28-year-old son was innocent of any crime. He added that they are looking intofour angles, including illegal drugs, in the killing of Vargas just beforemidnight on Friday in Barangay Cabug here. According to Gamboa, these “senselessacts” planted fear, anxiety and apprehensions among the people of Bacolod. BACOLOD City – The SangguniangPanlungsod here has ordered an investigation on the killing of jail officerJayvee Jason Vargas who was shot to death in an ambush last week. center_img “The assailants really intended tokill Vargas. Based on the bullets found inside the vehicle, Vargas who wasdriving was really the target,” Pico said. Lieutenant Colonel Ariel Pico, BCPOspokesman, earlier said the investigation of Police Station 9 is ongoing andpersons of interest have already been identified. “To President (Rodrigo) Duterte andVice President (Leni Robredo). Our family is asking for your help to attainjustice for our son. He is innocent. This is so unfair and very painful to us,”she told reporters./PN Gamboa pointed out the last unanimousresolution of the city council calls for the condemnation on the killingof Yao and for its immediate investigation and resolution as provided forin approved Resolution Number 198 Series of 2019. “The city council has been callingthese law enforcement agencies to resolve – at the earliest possible time – thehigh crimes committed in this city,” Councilor Wilson Gamboa Jr. , author ofthe resolution, said.  last_img read more