Investigators are looking into thevictim’s possible link to illegal drugs and the possibility that he was killedbecause of his work with the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology. The city’s legislative body passed aresolution enjoining the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), National Bureau ofInvestigation and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group to conduct a“thorough investigation” and to prosecute those behind the killing. The councilor cited high-profilemurder case in the city that include the slaying of businessman Alex Yao,Barangay 16 captain Nelson Ligaya, Police Officer Oscar Exaltado, and LawyerRafael Atutubo and attempted murder of then Councilor Ricardo Tan. On Monday afternoon, the slainjailer’s mother, Yvonne, called for justice as she maintained that her28-year-old son was innocent of any crime. He added that they are looking intofour angles, including illegal drugs, in the killing of Vargas just beforemidnight on Friday in Barangay Cabug here. According to Gamboa, these “senselessacts” planted fear, anxiety and apprehensions among the people of Bacolod. BACOLOD City – The SangguniangPanlungsod here has ordered an investigation on the killing of jail officerJayvee Jason Vargas who was shot to death in an ambush last week. “The assailants really intended tokill Vargas. Based on the bullets found inside the vehicle, Vargas who wasdriving was really the target,” Pico said. Lieutenant Colonel Ariel Pico, BCPOspokesman, earlier said the investigation of Police Station 9 is ongoing andpersons of interest have already been identified. “To President (Rodrigo) Duterte andVice President (Leni Robredo). Our family is asking for your help to attainjustice for our son. He is innocent. This is so unfair and very painful to us,”she told reporters./PN Gamboa pointed out the last unanimousresolution of the city council calls for the condemnation on the killingof Yao and for its immediate investigation and resolution as provided forin approved Resolution Number 198 Series of 2019. “The city council has been callingthese law enforcement agencies to resolve – at the earliest possible time – thehigh crimes committed in this city,” Councilor Wilson Gamboa Jr. , author ofthe resolution, said.
Now former Liverpool full-back Riise believes Fulham must be far more cut-throat when on the ball against Chris Hughton’s Norwich, to lead into Saturday’s imposing league trip to Arsenal. “We had 60 per cent possession (against Sunderland), we dominated possession but we didn’t take our chances,” Riise told Fulham’s official website. “We should be more experienced to keep control of the game, especially when we got back to 2-1. “We’ve been conceding too many goals, especially from set-pieces. “We have to do better in games like this, and now we’ve definitely got to get the win against Norwich.” Fulham boss Meulensteen hopes loan signing Clint Dempsey will quickly hit the form that so endeared him to Craven Cottage regulars in his first stint at the club. United States forward Dempsey, on loan from Seattle Sounders, scored 50 league goals for Fulham between 2007 and 2012. And after two quick appearances at the start of his second Fulham stint, Meulensteen expects him to hit full form. “It won’t take long for him to be right back up there,” said Fulham’s head coach. “He’s just got to keep working, but that’s his character and that’s exactly what we know he will do.” Clinical finishing is the only route to Barclays Premier League safety for Fulham now, according to John Arne Riise. Press Association The Fulham defender has challenged his side to sharpen up in front of goal for Tuesday night’s FA Cup third-round replay against Norwich at Craven Cottage. Rene Meulensteen’s side were swatted aside 4-1 by Sunderland on Saturday, in a dispiriting league defeat in west London that drags Fulham straight back into the relegation picture.