From the “Now it Can be Told” files:San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo wasn’t the only member of the organization who was in physical distress after he tore his ACL in a game at Kansas City in September.Team CEO Jed York almost joined Jimmy G. in the ER, according to team CEO Jed York.The revelation was reported by NBC Sports Bay Area’s Jennifer Lee Chan. York, speaking at the NFL owners meeting in Phoenix, said he was so upset by the injury to his $137.5 million quarterback …
Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in Deadpool 2. (Twentieth Century Fox) It caught the real Deadpool’s attention and Reynolds responded: “Um… @tylerperry, if you could film six more minutes of this, we’d have Deadpool 3. Or @nobodysfool part 2.”Thrilled to get feedback from the actor, Tyler returned to social media early on Thursday and wrote: “You have no idea what a huge Deadpool fan I am!! You’re amazing my friend. All the best to you and your family.”You have no idea what a huge Deadpool fan I am!! You’re amazing my friend. All the best to you and your family.— Tyler Perry (@tylerperry) November 1, 2018Tyler isn’t the only star who has heaped praise on Reynolds in recent weeks – the actor’s Life co-star Jake Gyllenhaal wrote a touching Variety essay in honour of the publication’s New Power of New York list last month.“What we all want for our friends in this business is for the world to see what we see, and as actors, that only happens in a perfect storm of timing and the full luck,” Jake wrote. “After years of waiting and struggling to fit his unfortunate, pear-shaped physique into the skinny jeans of a conventional romantic lead, Ryan made his own luck with Deadpool.”He added: “For all of the effortlessness that Ryan projects, the man works tirelessly. He writes all night so he can be present for his kids and wife all day… So often – too often – the wildly talented people of our world funnel the lion’s share of their energy into their work, but as good a writer and comedian as Ryan is, he is a better friend and father and husband. And that, for me, is the true mark of power.” Login/Register With: Advertisement Advertisement Facebook Twitter LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Ryan Reynolds enjoyed a Halloween hoot when Tyler Perry dressed up as his movie superhero Deadpool to promote his new movie Nobody’s Fool.The actor and director added his beloved cross-dressing character Madea’s grey wig and carried a handbag as he pretended he was the movie matriarch behind the Deadpool mask in the online video, trying to hide from Tyler Perry, who earlier this week revealed he was killing off the grandmother following one more film.“MA-DEA-D Pool!! Hiding from Tyler Perry. #NOBODYSFOOL EVERYWHERE THIS FRIDAY,” Tyler captioned the video he posted on his Twitter account on Wednesday.MA-DEA-D Pool!! Hiding from Tyler Perry. #NOBODYSFOOL EVERYWHERE THIS FRIDAY. @nobodysfool @TiffanyHaddish @VancityReynolds pic.twitter.com/U0YB66R9mn— Tyler Perry (@tylerperry) October 31, 2018
By Jorge Barrera APTN National NewsCree NDP MP Romeo Saganash has asked Canada’s auditor general to probe the millions of dollars Ottawa spends fighting Aboriginal rights and title cases.Saganash sent a letter to Auditor General Michael Ferguson requesting an operational audit of the expenditures to determine whether Ottawa is using taxpayer money wisely and efficiently battling First Nations over rights.“I am asking that your office conduct an investigation into the government’s policies and practices to oppose the status and rights of Aboriginal peoples and defend itself in the courts,” wrote Saganash in the June 12 dated letter. “Such adversarial actions serve to unjustly deplete Aboriginal peoples’ financial resources and do not promote reconciliation.”The federal Aboriginal Affairs department spent over $100 million between 2012 and 2013 on legal fees, according to federal government records. The department’s own internal risk assessment found that a lot of the litigation money has been spent on losing causes.“As (First Nations) become impatient with outcomes, they often move disputes into the courts in order to increase the pace of resolution. Courts increasingly rule that the federal government is not living up to the ‘Honour of the Crown’ obligations,” according to the department’s risk profile for 2011.Ottawa has also recently twice challenged the rulings of the Specific Claims Tribunal, which was created to settle outstanding historical claims that had reached a stalemate at the negotiating table.The Federal Court of Appeal handed a loss to Ottawa earlier this month on one of those challenges, upholding the tribunal’s ruling in favour of the Kitselas First Nation.Ottawa is also challenging a tribunal ruling that sided with the Williams Lake Indian Band.In the letter, Saganash said he’s requesting the audit because federal departments have failed to adequately respond to his requests for clarity the amount of money specifically spent battling rights and title cases.“The answers to these requests…have been lacking,” wrote Saganash. “With many departments stating that this information was not ‘readily available.’”[email protected]@JorgeBarrera
What began as a sloppy game between the Jets and the Patriots, provided an even messier ending when a fight broke out near New England’s sideline.The Jets were losing 10-13 late in the fourth quarter, when rookie quarterback Geno Smith threw for another improbable win and was intercepted by Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib. The interception secured the win for the Patriots, but also started a brawl.Jets center Nick Mangold gave a late low hit to Talib, who had returned the interception near the Patriots’ sideline, taking his time to spin out of bounds. Several New England players nearby rushed at Mangold after the play. Jets players then surrounded the area. A fight ensued, which even resulted in a foul against an official.Once the smoke cleared, Mangold got hit with a 15-yard penalty. Jets’ Willie Colon was ejected for pushing an official, D’Brickashaw Ferguson for throwing a punch.“I hope I don’t get suspended,” Colon said after the game, via Manish Mehta of New York Daily News. “I lost my temper. I lost my cool. I know better, so it’s my fault.”
In a country rich with golfing greats and close major championship calls, Australia had never produced a Masters champion. But on a soggy Sunday at Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Ga., that all changed with one clutch putt. Adam Scott, the 32-year old who finished T-2 in the 2011 Masters, made a pressure-packed birdie putt on the second playoff hole against Angel Cabrera to become the first Australian to take home the green jacket. Scott, who had eight PGA Tour wins coming into the week, used his broomstick putter (it’s about four feet tall), to birdie the 18th hole in regulation which led him to a playoff after Cabrera birdied the 18th as well. The major championship victory is long overdue for Scott, who had the lead in the 2012 British Open but bogeyed the final four holes and lost. He’s been a prominent player throughout his career, and finally getting his first major could open the floodgates for more majors down the road. Other history was made at the Masters as well. Fourteen-year old Tianlang Guan from China, who was the youngest player to compete in any major championship in 148 years, also became the youngest player to make the cut and play the weekend in a major championship. However, his dreams of playing the weekend were almost gone after he received a one-stroke penalty for slow play during Friday’s second round. It was the first time a player was assessed a penalty for slow play on the PGA Tour since 2010. After finishing with a second-round 75, and 4-over for the tournament, the eighth-grader made the cut right on the number. By adding rounds of 77 and 75 the next two days, he finished as the low amateur for the week in 58th place and earned respect around the world. That Guan competed in the Masters is significant enough, but making the cut against the best players in the world on an extremely challenging course speaks volumes to how special of a week it was for the youngster. Sunday afternoon at the Masters wouldn’t be complete without a back-nine charge from No. 1 player Tiger Woods. He entered the final round four shots back but couldn’t overcome bogeys on 5 and 7, despite having four birdies from 9-15, and finished T-4. Woods, along with Guan, was part of another controversial penalty. In Friday’s second round, he hit his third shot in the water on the par-5 15th after an unlucky break in which his ball hit the flagstick and came spinning back violently into the water. After weighing out his options, he decided to take a drop at the same spot, where he eventually got up-and-down to save bogey. The problem, though, was that he dropped his next shot about two yards further back than his previous shot, which wasn’t as close as possible to his previous shot. That drop eventually led to a two-stroke penalty, so instead of starting Saturday’s third round three shots back, he was five back and never recovered. All in all, the decision to give him a two-stroke penalty instead of disqualifying him, which many felt should have happened, was probably the correct move, but the drop and resulting penalty will be discussed for years to come. Every year, the Masters provides heart-pounding excitement throughout the entire week, especially late Sunday afternoon. This year was no different, and the remarkable finish showed why this tournament is one of the most exciting in all of sports. Only 360 more days until next year’s edition.
Southampton assistant manager Kelvin Davis insists newly appointed manager Ralph Hassenhuttl is good fit for the club.Davis took charge of Southampton’s game against Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday night and saw enough from the team’s display to suggest that incoming manager, Ralph Hasenhüttl will have plenty with which to work in the coming months.As for the former RB Leipzig boss, Davis was left impressed by what he has already seen.“The lads showed that they are committed and they are good technical players who want to play with the ball on the ground,” the former Southampton goalkeeper said, according to the club’s official website.Solskjaer slams Man United’s draw: “We should have won” Andrew Smyth – August 31, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was left to rue another missed opportunity as Manchester United were held to a 1-1 draw against 10-man Southampton.“I met with Ralph before the Spurs game and he is a guy that hits you with his stature and knowledge. He is very concise and confident and there is no doubt in the way that he wants to play football. To me, he seems a great fit for this football club.”“Ultimately, a manager of his calibre joining us shows his commitment to what he believes he can achieve here.”“We know the size of the Cardiff game now and I’m sure if we create the same number of chances we did tonight then that will be enough to win.”
For Millwall’s manager, the best opponent they could get in the FA Cup Quarterfinals would be a home match against Palace.Millwall defeated Wimbledon 1-0 yesterday in the FA Cup Fifth Round.The team is not waiting for their next opponent.But Millwall’s boss Neil Harris clearly knows who would be the best option for them: a home tie against English Premier League side Crystal Palace.“What an achievement for a club our size,” said Harris to Sky Sports.“Four times in 15 years, that is an unbelievable achievement. I said to them before the game, ‘it will not be pretty today – it will not be free-flowing’.”“Off the ball, we knew Wimbledon would make it really difficult for us and they did,” he continued.“If we had got the second goal with 20 or 30 minutes to go we may have gone and got three or four and made it more comfortable.”“No disrespect to Doncaster Rovers, but if Palace gets through I want to get them [in the draw],” he commented.How Joe Ward thanks his faith for his football Manuel R. Medina – September 13, 2019 Crystal Palace defender, Joel Ward, has thanked his Christian faith for helping him play football professionally and he explains why.“To be at The Den, 20,000 of our fans to see a cup quarter-final is what I want.”Doncaster Rovers and Crystal Palace will play tomorrow to define who will go to the next round.“If you’re playing a team in the division above and you create a chance early, you’ve got to take it because you know they’re going to be very efficient at what they do,” he continued.“If they get a chance, they’re going to punish you and that’s exactly what happened.”Millwall is currently in the 20th position of the English Championship table with only 31 points. The team has only won seven times in 31 matches, drawing ten and losing four.Another @EmiratesFACup Quarter-Final appearance in the bag!#Millwall 🦁 pic.twitter.com/SLP9MpZI9M— Millwall FC (@MillwallFC) February 16, 2019