SUNSPORT readers have given their backing to Eric Dier after the Tottenham star confronted a fan who abused his brother in Wednesday night’s FA Cup defeat.We asked you what you made of the Spurs star, 26, storming into the stands to support his family and you responded in your thousands.2 Fans have backed Eric Dier after he jumped into the stands to defend his brotherOf the more than 5,000 readers who cast a vote, a whopping 62.3 per cent believe Dier did the right thing.Just 19.5 per cent of fans believe he was in the wrong, with a further 18.2 per cent saying it depends on what the fan did.Dier leapt over seats as he raced to the top of the stand to confront a fan after Tottenham were knocked out of the FA Cup by Norwich on penalties.Initial reports claimed the player – who scored his penalty in the shootout – had been defending team-mate Gedson Fernandes over claims he’d been racially abused.But we can reveal the real reason behind the 40-cap England star seeing red – because he was heroically defending his younger brother, Patrick.A source revealed one fan had been shouting abuse in the direction of Dier, despite him being one of very few Spurs stars to have a decent game in North London.MAKE YOUR DEBUT Bet £5 get £20 in free bets for new customers at LadbrokesThe player’s brother, who was seated nearby, tried to calm the man down.It is believed the pair got into a heated exchange and Dier jumped into the stands to protect his sibling.It’s not clear what sparked the row and if the supporter involved is a Spurs fan.Tottenham are not expected to take any action against Dier, who could be heard shouting, “he’s my brother, he’s my brother” during the clash in one fan video.The FA are now investigating the incident and they will speak to Spurs stewards and fans nearby for their observations.2 Jose Mourinho has never won a penalty shootout in EnglandMORE SPURS STORIESHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summerYOU KAN DO ITKlinsmann quit Spurs to win trophies but says Kane’s better off stayingTURBULENT PAIRINGDrogba and Mido had mid-flight brawl after stewardess prank went wrongGossipSPURRED ONTottenham table contract offer for Bayern Munich’s teenage starlet Taylor BoothExclusivePASS THE TESTEngland’s NRL-based stars urge bosses to make room for a Test this yearDier is likely to face a misconduct charge for leaving the pitch area – and could be charged and fined.But the FA could be lenient towards him due to the circumstances surrounding his family and thanks to their strong anti-abuse stance.Fans had already taken to Twitter to show their “respect” to Dier for his heroic behaviour.Jose Mourinho reacts to Eric Dier incident saying he was helping his younger brother during altercation
PORT-AU-PRINCE – As much of the world focuses on the storm-devastated northeastern United States, tiny impoverished Haiti, also dealt a powerful blow by Hurricane Sandy, is appealing for international aid.The storm, a powerful category two hurricane when it tore through Haiti last Thursday, killed more than 50 people there. It destroyed crops and homes and crippled transportation in the nation, the poorest in the Americas.“I am launching an appeal to international solidarity to come help the population, to help support the completion of our efforts towards saving lives and property,” Haitian Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe said Wednesday evening during a Cabinet meeting rebroadcast on local media.According to statistics presented during the meeting, the agricultural sector registered a loss of more than $104 million.“Several thousand kilometers of agricultural roads were destroyed and thousands of heads of cattle were swept away by the flood waters, which also destroyed thousands of hectares of plantations,” Agriculture Minister Jacques Thomas said.Health Minister Florence Guillaume said “numerous cases” of cholera have also been reported in the wake of the storm.“What we’ve just heard is frightening. We should act quickly for the people and put ourselves to work to improve the situation,” Lamothe said.“Without a doubt we don’t have enough means, but we must show we have the will,” he added, reiterating his call for international support.On Thursday, the government communications bureau indicated that Venezuela has proposed building 5,000 homes, and already had sent three planes and a boat loaded with 240 tons of food.France promised to rebuild seven destroyed bridges and Mexico offered food.Haiti is still rebuilding after the massive 2010 earthquake that leveled much of the capital, left hundreds of thousands homeless and killed more than 200,000 people. Facebook Comments No related posts.